Serving Atlanta since 1985
The Sisters of Mercy have a long history of healing ministry in the South. President Abraham Lincoln recognized them for their compassion and dedication to all soldiers in our Civil War. In 1880 they opened the first hospital in metro Atlanta, Atlanta Hospital, later named Saint Joseph's. In 1985 Mercy Care Services was incorporated as a non-profit and in 2001 built their current headquarters and clinic on Decatur Street in downtown Atlanta.
A LEGACY OF SAINT JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL